Pages

Tuesday 20 March 2012

Girly Girl Challenge - Day 5: Gotta Love Chick Flicks

I know a lot of girls struggled with this one, either because they couldn't pick a film (not really liking the genre) or had problems choosing the inspiration from it. I had the opposite problem, at first I thought Oh I dont really like chick flicks, this is going to be an issue. As it turns out I love a lot of them, lol. I actually did my nails so many times with so many different designs but I couldn't pick just one. I did a really girly mani for Legally Blonde and then a really not girly one for Whip It but I've decided to post my really simple one for 50 First Dates. I'm an absolute sucker for Adam Sandler films and I adore Drew Barrymore (I did do an 80's inspired one to go with The Wedding Singer but I hated it).

I'll be honest its been awhile since I saw the film and I didn't have time to watch it again but I remembered there being lots of water in it :) so I wanted to create something similar to the ocean, something nice and simple. I did want to add some art to it but its just so pretty on its own.

I used 2 layers of Barry M Indigo, which has been sat in a box since before I was interested in nail varnish and 1 coat of Pure Ice Heartbreaker. Indigo is the most beautiful colour and will be great for layering, I will have to use this more often. Barry M polishes are really cheap, decent quality and they have an amazing array of colours.




And here's a cute picture from the film :)


9 comments:

  1. I LOVE this movie, and this is so beautiful at all the stages! I need to get my hands on Indigo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Heartbreaker is so pretty and versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this challenge too and actually went with a Legally Blonde manicure :) I like that yours is nice and simple and really let the polishes shine on their own!
    ~Amanda of berrypolished.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I really want Indigo! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this polish! Indigo is so pretty. It looks great with the pure ice too. Simple really lets the polishes shine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. simply gorgeous!!! looks like the inside of the aquarium!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the Barry M's I've been seeing. wish we have them here.

    This is pretty. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Indigo! Gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete