Pages

Friday 20 January 2012

Max Factor Fantasy Fire - Clarins Dupe?

Hello :D What a great nail haul day I've had. I planned just to pop in to Illamasqua to see if they had any raindrops left (for swaps) but ended up in a few other places. I actually bought the last of the raindrops they had, the nice lady had to dig it out from a box in the back which was great of her. I'll get round to swatching it soon. I then went to TK Maxx and found both sets of color clubs boho fall collection for £7.99, I think they'll make great bases for layering and stamping. And lastly I went to superdrug to look for Nail Pop, they have a flakey topcoat I want to play with, but no luck finding it so I had a look round at Gosh, nothing new there. As I was about to leave I noticed some cute mini bottles on the Max Factor stand, I don't think I own any of there polishes. I'm so glad I took a closer peek...(sorry that was a bit wordy)


Its not a dead on dupe by any means, its more purple in real life and from what I remember clarins had more of a red base, over a dark colour I don't think it'd look that different, considering this is only £3.99 :)



Now I owned Clarins 230 for a whole week a year or so ago, I didn't get what was so special about it so I re sold it, I think I just wasnt ready for it and I've been looking at evil ebay to re purchase it but I dont think I will now, this seems just as pretty. I cant wait to layer it over some other colours, any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. What a coincidence! I went to TK Maxx in search of the Color Club as well, but the boho collection was nowhere to be seen... instead I bought the All About French set. It seems such a bargain that I just could not miss..lol
    congrats on your success in finding them!!

    ReplyDelete